Tuesday, September 16, 2008

confessions of kindergarten humor....

(Today is Monday)
Okay boys and girls, I love you guys, and I'll see you tomorrow.
Does anyone know what tomorrow is?
"Tomorrow is FRIDAY!"
Somedays---I wish they were right....

"um, Mr. Bowler, can....I....have...a....pencil?" -student A
"hahaha, it's Ms. Bolin!!!!"-student B
Yes, this is officially what one student called me for the first two weeks of school...the
one with all the languages.

Today, the Art teacher asked to have class in our room. I agreed and she brought in construction paper, stuffed dogs, etc for the students. They were "tearing" out shapes for their dogs and gluing the pieces to paper. She informs me that one of the dogs is anatomically correct and the student is admiting this. Upon my arrival at the desk-he had put a sweater on his dog.
That's right-when you're naked-put clothes on.

"Uummm....Teacher" (to which I respond-is my name teacher?" or "wow, someone changed my name)

So, one day the computer teacher is reading to my students (because the lab isn't finished) and they LOVE "No David!" so of course they con him into reading it to them for the 50th time that week. One on of the pages, David is picking his nose. Well, all the kids were like "Ewwwww, gross"...to which I looked over and said, "Right, and you all use tissues."

From across the lunchroom I see one of my students with his dirty fork walking toward the silverware bowl in the lunch line. I began to yell-"No, no, no" and walk quickly to the rescue of everyone else's forks--to no avail---Can I say "5 second rule?"

"bunnies and bubble tails" (bubbles and bunny tails keeps the kids from talking in the hall and from touching each other)

"Okay, we are going to do patterns today with the letters A and B" Let's say the pattern A, B, A, B
5 out of 6 students say "ABAB"
that 1 out of 6 starts singing "ABCDEFG" to which the rest of the class joins.
I-just stopped.

5 comments:

jenn said...

And this is why i DON'T want to teach kindergarten.

Hope your well, Mr. Bowler...

Ashley said...

i love stories like these! i am missing you terribly!

Anonymous said...

Amanda! I rock the bubbles and bunny tails when I sub kindergarten or 1st grade!;-) I love seeing it in your blog! When I tell the kids about it, the boys always look at me like I'm a huge weirdo...

Looks like things are wonderful... so glad that you can find humor within the crazy! We're always praying for you! And Mom's always asking about you! Laura M.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Brittney said...

violin size chart bow violin shoulder rest parts violin concerto in d 1 8 violin size chart The stringed instruments like violin, viola, and cello, the older they are the better they are. It is, therefore, necessary to bear in mind that if you are intended to buy a violin, you should invest on the violin that will go for years to play with. Of course, a hundred year old violin may look dull as compared to a branded new one, but the former sounds better when played over the time. There are many violins for sale, but you should be choosy while buying for the new one as it will be going to be your one time investment or lifetime precious possession. violin songs free free violin instrumentals violin sizes for what ages ukrainian born violinist mischa When buying a violin, the first choice you need to make is between factory built and hand crafted violins. My recommendation is to buy a hand crafted violin, the starting price is $200or so more than the price of a factory built violin, but the difference in sound quality is vast. A violin which produces a pleasing tone will make you more likely to enjoy playing and practicing, and enjoyment is important. The area around the bite should be thoroughly washed with soap and cater

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me