Thursday, September 18, 2008

confessions from the prayer journal!!!!

HEY! Everyone!! This week has been totally hard-I won't lie. My kids have been out of their minds (which makes me out of mine) and it's just been a real week. But in saying all of that-I have to tell you that as hard as it is...I love my job.

But-the most amazing things have happened!
Praises!

  • I received my boxes from the states (haha-but they are being held in customs-we're gonna try to jew them down a bit on the price....)
  • My brother got a job interview at the prison in our hometown (I've been writing this request down for about 1 1/2 years now) Now, we just have to pray FOR the interview! He was so excited and yet nervous! I just told him to remember that God already knows what is going to happen!
  • I start Portuguese lessons on Monday with a Christian girl who must LOVE missionaries, teaching, and English. She suggested three days a week (WOW!-wasn't expecting that one) and I agreed :) She will be coming to my workplace! Ahh! I just feel so blessed and overjoyed-so many things at the same time!
  • IT RAINED again last night and this morning ;) You just don't know how good it feels when it rains here. The humidity is like 10% every day-no lie. Brasilia went over 100 days without rain and even now-the ground is dry before it really has a chance to be muddy. The cool breeze reminded me of fall in the states (but really here-it is like spring) and I loved it!

AHH! I'm just so amazed but I don't know why? God always provides exactly what I need and He answers those prayers for others as well. He's been pointing me to John 17 lately (like from every angle) and Jesus' "High Priestly Prayer". :) It is really cool to see it through a child's eyes, through a scholar, and then a peer. A-Mazing.

"My God is so BIG, so STRONG, and so MIGHTY, there's nothing that my God cannot DO! For YOU!" -my kids sing this like there is no tomorrow.....and so they should.

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me