Sunday, March 29, 2009

confessions of crepes and lestani's both sweet and amazing...

Yesterday I received this e-mail from the Lestani's.....I was a little nervous because my parents generally communicate through the agenda. Nicolas had a minor accident on the playground this week...and I was so scared. BUT-it was an invitation to ice cream and crepes!!! YAY! I wanted to race around! I've grown to really love this family. Nicolas is just amazing and 1/5 of the amazingness that walks into my classroom every single day. Everything really worked out so cool. Mom went with us and she ended up keeping the kids occupied while the Lestani's and I were talking. They shared about their lives and then asked me, "Ms. Bolin, where will you go after Brasil?" PERFECT! Amazing! So-I began to tell them that it was totally up to God and that He had done so many things to get me here this year. Then, it opened up the door for me to give my testimony and tell them how God captured me and changed my life. It was completely amazing. They asked questions, they wanted to know what was so different and so many things. They asked me about what denomination I was which opened up the door for me to tell them which church I go to here in Brasilia...and how phenomenal it is. How great the people are ....etc. :) Just an amazing opportunity. I never dreamed it would go as well as it did. I continue to pray for their family. They informed me that they will continue to go to our school until December when they will move. She said, "Can you teach first grade? Any chance?" :) I don't know what the chances are but I know that Nicolas will get 6 more months of Bible, BIS, and love from all the people here sent specifically by God to work with him. I stand amazed.
Thank you God for your amazing Grace. For your intense love for us-just a human. But you chose us, you love us, and you provide for us. I stand here feeling so inadequate but yet you allow me to be used. Please help me put my flesh aside. Thank you for Jesus and for the cross. Thank you for the Lestani's.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

what a great night! the rewards of following God's will....

you are awesome!

Hogue said...

Using the included 29 letters your child's reading skills can take flight. I say that because I have purchased store brands before only to find they didn't have as many as the other guys and, in some cases, had less bags than the box said they did. If you are possessing an outside party, for example, and it is very freezing outside, a gas patio heater will efficiently retain your guests warm. Cone-shaped burr coffee grinders are preferable because they offer the greater surface for each coffee particle which increases the amount of flavor that you an get out of the coffee. Cleansing more oftentimes than once a week may be essential if the house has hard water.

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me