Tuesday, April 14, 2009

confessions of ....qualifica(equipping), justifica(justification), corresi(correction), santifica(sanctification), e fortalece(fortifies)

Well, another Brasilian adventure for the books.

My roommate, Stephanie, and I went to camp this weekend with our Brasilian friends and my sisters :) They so graciously translated and helped us out. I was really impressed with the camp pastor as well as our pastor. Several things happened that reinforced what the camp pastor was preaching which showed that our youth pastor practiced true humility. It was a time of God being glorified in something that was not so great. The weekend turned out completely different than I thought....and God taught me some amazing things.
We learned that the Word of God-equips, justifies, corrects, fortifies, and sanctifies. mm. good stuff.
AND-we also learned that when 1 bus breaks down-all 4 stay together. :) It was a great lesson in sticking together and Brasilians-they wait on EVERYBODY :) and they know how to wait well-playing games, "social", charades, contently, happily, and amazingly. 200 people....waiting....for 4 1/2 hours-no dinner, no water... I really love these lessons because I'm really feeling the "community" aspect of living. No one-is left behind. I love it.

Today, Steph and I started an after school decoupage club and got to build some relationships with some of the girls at our school :) Little do they know......yearbook is about to take over the club......



and....I got up at 4:45 this morning to run. And....I fell. :) I love falling by myself.....because then I don't have to jump up like it didn't happen. :)

More to come.....just thought i would update you.

Thank you God for your Son, Jesus. I pray that every day will be like Easter to me in hopes that I will remember the price and the ultimate defeat over death. Thank you for showing Yourself in every aspect of this camp experience. Even when I didn't think You could get the glory-You knew and You did.
Obrigada Pai.

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me