Friday, March 20, 2009

confessions of...I DON'T Want to Get Up Today...




Wow-today-reminded me of my college days-when I would go to class (after working until 12 and doing homework until 3am and then rolling out of bed at 7:30 for class) in my p-jams. Man-it felt GREAT!!!
But, I will say, the Brasilians don't go out in their p-jams---ANYWHERE--EVER. So-I turned a few heads as i walked out in my p-jams and my housecoat. It was quite humerous to watch people walk all the way across the street as they gawked at my silly appearance. Well, the real test came as I came down the stairs and greeted each one of my precious students in their pajamas :) I loved it. Here are some pictures from the day :) (Okay, so I"ll post them later tonight)
Mom read, "I Don't Want to Get Up Today" before each of the chapel groups and she did a great job!
She also made snakes out of men's ties to go with "The Day Jimmy's Boa Ate the Wash" and it was a BIG hit with the parents!

We've been learning about the disciples this week and how Jesus called them, used them, and was even betrayed by them. My kids really related to Peter and how he was scared and said that Jesus wasn't his friend. One of my unchurched students took my John 3:16 (expository kid book) home and kept it for a week! I'm so excited for their lives. My students are reading their hearts out! The one I worry about the most is finally reading at home (THANK YOU, LORD!). I'm consistently reminded of their sweetness.

Caleb's family isn't sure about their visas. They have until May 8th to get their new visa. :( A piece of my heart is hanging in the balance. Can't he just stay? I'll feed him! I know, I know. Pray for the transition into the new visa and for the family as there are many things to decide. Pray for the visas. Pray for the family. I'm praying.

My CrossPoint family. I love you guys so much and I'm praying for you. Your heart for Richmond is amazing. I've never seen a group of people want to reach out and be just what they've been to the community. Evangelizing, loving, and giving as they do. I pray for wisdom and understanding during this time. Love from Brazil. God is always previous.

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me