Tuesday, December 16, 2008

updated confessions...

This week is crawling by and it is driving me crazy.
As much as I want to forget last week-the reminders are coming every single day.
The parents informed me that they are considering the other American school (non-Christian) for their children. They also asked me to write a letter of recommendation to which I took to my boss and he is taking care of that situation. I really love this family-lost and yet so loving. It is amazing how one event-can change everything.
Also-because of this incident, we've been reported to the Department of Education here in Brazil. We aren't sure how they found out but it could have been through the hospital (kind of like social services) where the student was taken. It keeps getting bigger and bigger. I know God is in control-I'm just praying for our administration. They've taken a lot of blows for the school this semester. I tell you about being reported because there is a chance that they could delay our opening after we return from Christmas break.

Something good: I had an awesome time building some Brasilian relationships this weekend! My church family is becoming more and more like family as well as some of the young people at another church. One of my pastors says, "You are not a visitor, you are family. We will be waiting for you." I also signed up for the Sunday School class on Calvinism-which I'm really excited about. One of my friends will translate and it will be cool to have someone to discuss this topic with.

So-I have much to look forward to and yet I will probably be missing 1/5 of my class when I return. I rest in the haven of prayer as I am heavily troubled and tired by the events. I am encouraged by the quiet times I'm having and in knowing that I'll be removed from this situation for a short time. Delivered into the arms of love in 6 1/2 more days.

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me