Wednesday, December 3, 2008

confessions of.....

Many of you know that our little school turned into a big school at the beginning of this year. We've overcome many things while enduring construction noises, construction workers. . . . , new surroundings, flooding, etc. These things taught us to be patient, to lean and love on one another more, and to have faith that God's plan is unfolding before our eyes.

We recently concluded Phase I Renovations to our new campus. This did not come without some added difficulties and just Satan really trying to tear us up. Try as he may-God gave us steadfast hearts and some amazing encouragements during this hardship. He gave us all peace to do our jobs and be amazing for our students. His grace in our attitudes kept everything rolling and most of them without a clue what was happening.

Once through that storm, seemingly, it was over. On Tuesday, our administration was informed that definitely there is a single and a family here illegally. Their visas expired and the government will not renew their original volunteer visas. My roommate shared that she has until the 19th (our last day of school) and then whether or not she will come back will be contigent on her receiving a tourist visa as she returns home for the Christmas holiday.
She shared that she is just not ready to do that-to say her good-byes in two weeks. She also has a boyfriend here and he is one of our co-workers. They are really close (like Tyler and Marie for those of you who know them...).
The other family includes a wife and three children. The three children all go to BIS and Bob teaches several high school courses. His wife shared this with me yesterday:
"it is funny that we agonize over what he wants us to do as we"wait for an answer" not realizing that the "nothing" we experience is part of his answer. "

The air around school was pretty somber this morning as the rest of the staff found out in a meeting. Amazingly enough, we walked out of the room encouraged and knowing that God is definitely in control. We understand that He is not lost in this-as scary and unbelievable as it may seem. I am so thankful for that. It is hard not to fast forward in my mind as to what it is going to be like without them. We are praying for mercy and just wisdom for us all-as we wait for our principal to get back into Brazil and as we inform the parents. This would cause 2nd grade to become 1st/2nd split as well as an administrator coming in to teach Bob's History, Computer, and Geography courses. Please pray for our staff as God unfolds this plan. Pray that we are bold to step up when help is needed and that we are diligently praying for the people involved in this sudden change. Please pray that they will have a peaceful Christmas and that God would draw them closer and closer to Himself as the events unfold.


It's been a weird week for us all.....
I've been battling allergies and sinus problems, my kids have been animals (: , and one of them passed out (literally) on top of me today. I flashed back to (my brother) Andy's seizure a couple Christmas' ago. I don't think I can talk about it right now.... thank the Lord-he is fine. I was so tired by the end of the day that when the kids suggested a second nap at 1:45-I agreed and let them lay down again. I love them so much-I mean-I really love them. I wake up every morning looking forward to teaching, loving, and giving them my best every single day. Even today-when it felt like I had a concrete block in my head-I knew I couldn't miss. What if the sub didn't know our "evens" cheer? or our "Daily ABC/123 Workout? I HATED the fact that someone else would be teaching my kids. So-to answer that question for you Jenn....that's what you do when you need a sub-you think about it...and then you just go. :) The funny thing is that it would be someone pretty close to the kids-an administrator, the preschool teacher, or someone who is consistently at school. And I still worry about them :) They are so independent now-they change the Classroom helpers themselves every day, along with line order, and getting the attendance sheet. This probably means nothing to you-but it is completely amazing to see them ask for and take responsibility. :)
we have a website :) www.msbolinsbees.com pictures for those who really love to see them :)

Love from Brazil for 18 1/2 more days.

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me