Wednesday, December 17, 2008

confessions of "Indescribeable"


These are my pastors :)
Pastor Obedes








Pastor Ithamar or "Mazinho" haha.
Pastor Marcos Antionio
Well, Louie Giglio hit Brasilia this weekend. Well, not Louie himself, but one of my pastors went to a conference in Hawaii and heard this song. He began to translate and work out some details for about three months. This past Sunday night.....we were all floored. The screen showed us moving through the atmosphere, planets, stars, etc while the full praise team lead the song. It was dark and the visual was amazing in itself. I felt as big as I am so tiny....and realized again how big God is. How much He loves us and yet spins the universe, better than that-created it.




I realized that 99% of these people would be hearing this song for the first time and I began to look around. Wow. They were amazed and awestruck. Then, just when it couldn't get any better-on one of the last rounds of "You are amazing God"-a trumpet and saxophone resounded from the balcony behind us. I've heard this song a hundred times and this time was so sweet. mmm maybe it is because I love these people, their language, and I'm so thankful for the the amazing things God is showing me through them and my time here with them.




I also had a chance to go an end of the barbecue or translated "churrasco". Of course the food was amazing, the fellowship was awesome, I got to eat mangos off the ground, and I got to sit on top of this amazing little building and watch the rains roll in.

1 comment:

jenn said...

I'm glad you love it there, but come home. Now.

Jennifer

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me