Thursday, July 31, 2008

I watched as my sweet missionary girls left this morning! Through hugs, gifts, and trying to figure out whose clothes were in what bag-they made it out the door.
There is something about young missionaries. They know that they have to go back, but the possibilities for the future are endless. They have been preparing the field for the harvest. They worked extremely hard to help us provide an ideal environment for our students. They were relentless in their vision of starting and completing each assigned task. I really can't wait to see what God does with the school and in each of their lives.
I attended a Portuguese church last Sunday. It was awesome! I recognized several old hymns and new praise songs. I met several girls that speak English and have agreed to help me along during the services! Yay! They are so sweet and eager to help me! I really like the pastor-through interpretation-his sermon was on the Bread of Life. He called us to evaluate our lives and ask ourselves-if we worked half as hard to obtain spiritual food as we do physical-where would we be? Hmm.

I worked with the group this week at the old building-painting, painting, and more painting! It took about five coats per wall! Also-they moved most of the furniture, curriculum materials, and other things to the new school!!! We will have a lot to do on August 5th (inservice starts) in order to get things organized, arranged, and ready for the students. The construction continues :)

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me