Friday, July 25, 2008

These are some pictures from the new school(my classroom) as well as the old one.













There is tons to enjoy here, but the sunsets are completely mesmorizing.









I've been spending a lot of time with missionary kids-and I love them! Say Hi to Brody, Elise, and Melinia


The old building is exciting, amazing, and under construction. I visited twice this week and the changes were amazing :) Everyone is working so hard to get it ready for August 14th!

This week:

The group from Pennsylvania is completely amazing-I love the girls who are staying with me. I am going to be so sad when they leave! They have such a heart for God and the beauty of servanthood radiates from them! I absolutely have had an amazing time working, living, and laughing with them!

I learned how to ride the bus (funny-right?) and I was able to take it home by myself! That's exciting in a foreign country!

I'm not sure of the lesson I've learned with the laundry-all I know is that it is dripping (literally) dry in the service quarters after I have washed them in the machine.....

I'm working on establishing relationships with Brasilians and looking for a Brasilian church to attend!

Prayer Requests:

BIS-school construction, staff coming back, students, and our start date-Aug 14th
Michael and Aundrea Taylor-for their visa!
Mary Wolford-going to South Africa to serve God!
CrossPoint Baptist and Bro. Randy as they pursue serving Richmond and helping people to realize that God is the "God of their city"
Continual patience

Praises:
The walls came down at the old BIS building this week! It's beginning to look like a house!
All the new stuff at the new building!
Forming great relationships!

2 comments:

jenn said...

You're right. The sunset picture is absolutely amazing! How excited are you to be teaching in a few weeks! Thank you for calling and being so encouraging. Maybe we will see you next summer in Brazil!!!!

Tell that lady who reminds you of me to tell me how to raise a teenage boy and girl, it's taking it's toll some days :) I'll be praying for you and the starting day of school. And, I'm going to check into the concert. Lasslo's back so I'm sure she will want to go too. love you.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me