Friday, July 18, 2008

What can I say?

The lump of joy welled up in my throat as the last plane touched down in Brasilia. I wanted to scream and cry (for joy!)at the same time.
From there, the Boses, Jetter's, and the Livingston's greeted me. I began to put personalities with faces and faces with names.
Brasilia is beautiful-even in the dead of winter. It was love at first sight for me as I breathed the crisp/warm air and began taking in my surroundings. I visited (what is now) the old school and again placed familiar pictures with actual classrooms. The old school does have a wonderful view-just not enough wonderful rooms.
I have yet to explore the new school-I'm sure that will come very soon. We will begin the big move next week after the mission team arrives on Tuesday. I will be hosting 3 young ladies in the apartment-so that should be FUN! The apartment-is simple, safe, and has much character. The windows are HUGE and the rooms carry a breeze quite nicely. The children also brought to my attention that the floor is excellent for playing "skates". I'm sure I will kill myself on the "skating" floor before it is over :)


Prayer Requests:
**For the Missions team from Pennsylvania coming to help with the construction of the new school
**For the construction team and the swift finish so we can start school in our new building!!
**For boldness as I learn to interact with the people and speak their language in order to establish relationships with them.
**For Mary as she is getting ready for South Africa

Praises
**Well, I'm here!
**For wonderful families who are offering to have me over for supper :)
**For the Bose family-they showed me some wonderful hospitality in getting me the things I needed today :)

1 comment:

jenn said...

i got your note in the mail today! i so love old school tv dinners. i'm glad things are well for you there and I look forward to your updates via the blog. instead of skating, play spoons on the floor. they will love that and if you don't have cards, I'll mail them to you. john was asked to work the caedmon's call concert through compassion int. i want to go and work. we'll see. love ya!

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me