Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Newsletter 1



Dear Family/Friends,
I am so overwhelmed by your outpouring of love, encouragement, support, prayers, and gifts. Please know that each comment, card, call, and act of service is deeply appreciated. I recently acquired my visa and didn’t waste any time booking an airline ticket. Finally, after 9 months, I am scheduled to leave on July 17th from Cincinnati.
I attended training in Southaven, Mississippi with about 164 other missionaries and their families.. I learned about teaching, culture, communicating, transitioning, students, and resources-just to name a few. Through the training, God showed me some great things and really prepared me for the next two years at Brasilia International School. I am fortunate to be serving with the Network of Christian Schools.
I carry bits and pieces of you with me all the time. The beginning feelings of joy and excitement are conflicting with sadness as I’m missing you all. Thank you for all of the beautiful memories over the last few months and over a lifetime. I am so appreciative to God and to you all as He worked through your lives to impact mine.
Many of you have prayer cards. The address on these cards is no longer correct. They moved the three single girls into an apartment closer to our new school. I will send you the school address as soon as possible. It will be easier for me to get all my mail there (since I will be there the majority of my time). Thank you for your diligence to pray-God has blessed me immensely. Also, God provided a new school for us! We went from two small houses to a 53 classroom building!!!
I will be communicating through mail on a monthly basis. This will allow me to share what is going on in the school as well as relay prayer requests and praises as they occur. Please do not hesitate to drop me a note or send me an e-mail if there are things that I can pray about. I am definitely excited about staying in touch and hearing about how God is working in your lives. Please drop me notes, pictures, and e-mails telling me how you are doing. I will always want to hear from you. I don’t want to come home at Christmas and not know what is going on in your lives.
In Christ Alone,
Amanda Bolin <><>

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me