Friday, August 22, 2008

Open House-International Style...

Well, I will say that people in Brazil know how to have an Open House-they just don't know how to shut it down.

I saw the most colorful, beautiful array of people tonight from all different backgrounds. Breathtaking-like a sunset or a beautiful mountain range. Everywhere you looked-a different nation represented.


It was completely amazing! I talked with four of my six parents-and I'm only unsure about the salvation of two sets of parents. One set I see all the time and the other set is rather difficult to communicate with. So-much prayer is requested for those situations.




Zambia(student representatives) was absent tonight-which meant that I was one student and set of parents short. Their President died-so they could not attend. Levy Mwanawasa was much respected and loved by his people. I even received a note in one of the students' agenda about the great sorrow they (the people of Zambia) are experiencing.






The catering was amazing-complete with caviar, guacamole (with CHIPS-yum!!), quite exquisite shrimp(yum!), and so many other things...and that was the adult dishes (that were being served to us...) and then there was the kids table. I don't even know if I have words to describe the Willie Wonka type smorgasbord of jinormous lollipops, candies, marshmallows, chocoloate shots, sprinkles, suckers, sweets. By the end of the night-I'm sure there were some sick children walking around! It was quite the experience....from the international community. And that experience lasted until 10:30 last night.....turning the lights out just doesn't work here. :)

1 comment:

jenn said...

I told Dr. York about your open house and he said, "they may show up an hour late but they don't leave". I want to have open house like that!!! Shrimp? Amazing.

How are you? Like you, not teacher you, you? my email, jennifer_martin@eku.edu

Love ya sis

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me