Thursday, October 18, 2007

So here is what I know out about my Kindergarten class in Brazil :)
My class consists of:
1 Syrian child (speaks Arabic at home), 3 Zambian (English at home), 1 Brazilian/American (English/Portuguese at home), 2 Spanish (Spanish at home...and their parents don't speak English), and 2 American kids (soon to be 3). I'm super duper excited about this and I cannot wait to meet these precious children!!! Everything is happening VERY quickly!!!!!
Thank you to all the people that have already committed to supporting me. I am amazed at your obedience. Your offerings are blessing my life as I learn that God will spur hearts with the want to give. Also, it will continue to bless others for years to come as I teach these children with and about the love of Christ. My prayer is that we will have spiritual conversations and that God will open their eyes and speak through me as I openly teach them the Bible intertwined with their content.

Thanksgivings:
  • Another family received their visas to go to Brazil!!!
  • For work and for experiences that are making me a better teacher!!
  • God is sending me messengers and encouragers at His perfect timing
  • For some great speakers in the past bit.
  • For helping me to realize that there is nothing good in me except for Christ

Prayer Requests:

  • The lady that is letting me live with her, Nancy, her daughter is going through her third round of chemotherapy. She has a strong faith and such a sweet family. God has given her the strength and drive to take chemo, care for a family, and still work full time. She is my new picture for perserverance.
  • Visa documents and continued patience for that part of the trip.
  • continued spiritual growth in faith, trust, and patience.
  • Lost and hurting friends and family members.
  • More work and side jobs.
  • Current and future financial supporters!!!!

About every other day-someone comes up to me and says, "Amanda, we want to sponsor you." or "Amanda, how can we help you?" A friend called me for a telephone number and in the middle of finding it she says-"Come over later, we're gonna help you go to Brazil" I could SHOUT when people do that. But-I don't think that anyone in the school would understand...so, I try to filter that through excitment mainly in words and a little in voice. My prayers are just being answered again and again and again. God is opening doors and placing opportunities in my path. Some of them-I gain spiritually(those are the hard ones) and others-they are monetary. I'm equally greatful for both for different reasons.

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me