Monday, October 1, 2007

He Gives Beauty for Ashes

Beauty for ashes,

Strength for fear,

Gladness for mourning,

Peace for despair.





These words and my Quiet Time remind me of the awesomeness of God.



As Paul said in 2 Corinthians-

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.



It's hard to see this when we live in the United States of America-where we have everything. Our poor people don't have to be poor-we support them (not in all ways, but in a lot of ways that other countries do not provide). My friend, Mare, is working with people in Peru and identifying with these poorest of the poor. It's so hard for them to see Jesus because their circumstances are just horrific. I've seen this in the faces of people in Cuba. I love these people and want them to see Jesus. What can I say? What can I do? Walk among them and give them words that God would have me to say. "Comfort them with the comfort that which we ourselves are comforted by God." Let us not forget to feed them spiritually as well as physically. Reminding these people that our reward is not what we have here, but what we will receive in heaven. I have to remind myself of that all the time. Sometimes...it is just so hard to live here.




Prayer Requests:


  • Visa and related matters

  • Mare-friends on the street, comforting and sharing with them as God calls us to, future in mission work.

  • Brasilia International School-faculty and staff, new building, students.

  • Current and Future Supporters

  • Continued spiritual growth in patience, trust, and faith.

Praises



  • Supportive communication from housemates and the current Kindergarten teacher :)

  • Side jobs and extra work providing more income!

  • First speaking commitment-went very well! I was so nervous!

  • Opportunities to spend time with family and friends!

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me