Thursday, October 11, 2007

In His Grip

...but as servants of God we commend ourselves in everyway: by great endurance,
in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, sleepless nights,
hunger; by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love; by truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left; through honor and dishonor, through slander and praise. We are treated as impostors, and
yet are true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as punished and yet not killed as sorrowful yet always rejoicing as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything.
-2Corinthians 6:4-10


Without His majestic grip-I could not make it day by day.
I look into faces and realize that those were once mine. I remember
the lifestyle of emptiness. I rejected God in every way presented.
God pursued me for 22 years before I finally let Him in.
I rejoice in the fact that even as I am responsible for
Jesus' death-I'm forgiven.

My friend, Julie Lasslo, always presents things to me in ways that are simple and
yet make me think. She and I were talking about a lot of things and "hating" sin came up.
Over the past couple of days-I have pondered this. I do hate sin. I especially hate my own sin-I just don't think I'd ever heard it like that before. Put into this perspective-I realized that hating sin is exactly what God wants us to do. We must do it. There's no mediocrity to sin. You love it
or You hate it. You serve the sin or you run away. You idolize it or you give it up.

1 Thessalonians 1:9
For they themselves report concerning us the kind of reception we had among you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised form the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me