Friday, February 20, 2009

confessions of ...International Fair

These pictures are in order backwards...so you will see preps at the bottom and then scenes from the Fair starting...now....


So this is jellyfish that I made out of ziplock baggies. Portuguese Man-Of-War is one of the animals in New Zealand. The kids loved helping tie yarn, curly ribbon, and swirly contact paper for tentacles. Then, I took a piece of blue netting and suspended the jellyfish from paperclips.








This is a picture of us. We presented three times that night and there was just no time to take pictures while rounding up 8 students, enteraining parents, and get ready for the next presentation.










This is my precious Nana. Her grandfather when to a very nice store and bought her a wood beaded necklace that was so beautiful. I couldn't resist taking and posting this picture of this sweet grandfather giving her this special gift. Her grandparents take pride in her studies especially in her daily Bible studies and with the rest of her academics as well. She is very blessed to have such amazing grandparents that love her and want her to follow God despite her parents.






This is my class, PreK, and my friend Marcos. He came as a guest speaker to talk to them about New Zealand. The absolutely loved him and inspired him. He returned to watch our presentation on Friday night and was very impressed with the knowledge they soaked up in the short time he was there---and that they remembered (and said it during the presentation when he walked in). It was amazing!



Oh-the fun of fingerpainting with students :) We painted long strips of paper with different colors of greens and yellows. Then, we outlined and cut the leaves (great fine motor skill development). These were most of our wall decorations.










2 comments:

jenn said...

I left you a blog for your class to look at how stanley left america. I showed my methods class your blog on your 100th day and they loved the idea that we might do some of this on your blog. so, when you get stanley templateds done and outfitted, (i'm sending you mine with like 5 outfits to interact with, the ale 8 one you are going to LOVE) just post some pics of your students or around your faclity. If any of them want to take pictures of their homes or what they like to do that would be great too. they have some questions to answer if they like, but you'll see that on my blog. thanks for helping me do this. it really is kind of fun...

Beca said...

Hey, Sister!
:D
I love reading your stories!
:D

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me