Wednesday, October 29, 2008

confessions of the smell of rain...

at this point, there isn't anything (in nature) much sweeter than the aroma of the rain passing through Brasilia. We experienced the hottest day in the history of Brasilia yesterday. We all definitely knew it and felt it into today as well. In the states-it's no thing-because of course we have all kinds of air conditioning-cars, houses, churches, schools, restaurants, etc, etc. You don't have to go far to get some cool, crisp air. Well, it just doesn't work that way here. You get used to the sweating...but it seemed like the kids just lost their minds...! Ha! Anyway, so I had to take care of another box today-so I invited my Portuguese teacher out on a little adventure. We made it to the post office after hooving it up the hill. Once our business was finished-I remembered that a brand new Subway opened up in our Quadra. We walked there and to our amazement (as we were both melting) it had air conditioning! Word! Then, as we were cooling off and drinking our drinks-we could see the strong breeze running it's fingers through the palm trees-which brought the rain soonafter.

So, needless to say, I'm enjoying the breezy night. Thank the Lord for His provision in rain.

I helped with SMASH In-TENTS this weekend. A serious time of in"tense" worship, testimony, and an awesome Word from the Lord. We had non-Christians and Christians alike attend this all night (and into the next afternoon) service/time of fellowship. We camped (I hung in the hammock), roasted strawberry marshmallows (not recommended), sang, got to know each other, and did some crazy games led by the Smash Leaders. Through all of this, two girls came to us to let us know that they had accepted Christ. We are seeing true conversions in so many of the students' lives. Their brothers and sisters are attesting to their desire for God and His Word. A-Mazing.



Ramon G. getting pelted with cheerios




Ana-taking in the fire, songs, and beauty of the night.




Lucia (to your left) and PJ (white tank, red skirt (in right pic) are our newest sisters in Christ!! We are so excited!





In Kindergarten, I led Chapel last week and we are teaching the Armor
of God-piece by piece. For my turn,

I did the "Breastplate of Righteousness" to which I covered a box in tin foil and wore it around. My kids thought that was the best thing...and wanted to wear it as well. :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Praise God! I am so glad to hear that people are coming to faith in Christ! We'll keep praying!

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me