Monday, October 20, 2008

confessions of being a daddy's girl

I love Brasilia-seriously-love it. Even when my chicken nuggets have cheese in them (gross) and ketchup can't even make them taste good or when your body won't let you sleep longer than 2-3 hours.... Despite these silly things.... I love it here.

But as I watch the palm trees sway-I began to miss my earthly father. I miss the feel of his wool suit on my face as he hugs me tight. Or-talking with him about Jesus, Piper, and silly memories. I love sharing MyTime coffee with him and making runs just to get him a bag of those great roasted beans :) Or maybe even cleaning up the coffee mess from our (leaky) cheap coffee pot at home after we've had our morning cup... I love being a part of his life and God allowing me to have a hand in his dreams-such as the John Rice Center and Manchester in general. He is known because he does what God tells him to do. He knows the cost of discipleship. Some hate him, talk about him, and still yet he loves them because most of them are lost. Because He is doing the work God called him to do.

And that helps me get through the day. Pray without ceasing. Hide His words in my heart. To do the hard things. Fight the flesh. To do the work God has called me to do. And to think about my Dad-diligently working, tirelessly, lovingly, and Christlike.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

we have books ready to send to you! how do we do that?

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me