Wednesday, July 1, 2009

confessions of the first week...



A sweet video of the 1st and 2nd grade doing one of our songs :)



Its Wednesday?! Already?! The days are not long enough seemingly to impact all of these students. I have 6 little guys (yes, guys) ranging from ages 3 to 6. Keeping up with them is fun and challenging. 4 of the 6 are from another school, 1 is from a brasilian school, and the other one went to BIS last year. It is different to see the impact that our school has on students. Our students seem to be more humble, compassionate, and treat others more like family. This transition doesnt happen immediately upon entering BIS, but the effects are noticeable after about a year. Our students have their moments of pettiness and being children, but it is quite different. I truly see the impact that God has in our school. He touches their lives and has chosen to impact this community with BIS. Our school isnt perfect-we may not have everything that other schools have, or all the latest equipment, and were still undergoing renovations---when it boils down to it....God is enough. He is using BIS to create these amazing citizens that are academically, spiritually, and socially successful. :) I miss my little guys SOOO very much and I cant wait to see what God holds for me next year. The new program is getting under way but we still arent sure of enrollment. Brasillians tend to wait until the last minute, so my what exactly I will be doing next year....will be in the air until the day school starts. I expect a lot of last minute transitions, extra jobs, and nothing will be as it should. But then, Ill realize that everything is as it should be. I know it will be hard, but God is so good in the hard things and has passed His amazing peace through me in so many of these situations. I just have to be a the vessel. I praise Him for I am fearfully and wonderfully made....made to do whatever He commands next year. :) I love you all. I will see most of you in about 9 days :)


Oh, heres a picture of Tito (Titus) and his amazing creations. He is studying to be a paleontologist!

No comments:

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me