Thursday, April 24, 2008

85

After walking 10 blocks to the Consulate-I took a number and began to catch my breath. 59, 60, 61 appeared on the digital board as I thumbed my 85. It was growing closer and closer to noon and it seemed like the room got smaller and smaller as the crowd multiplied. When the number 85 finally materialized-I somehow ended up at the window. I explained my business (It had been four months and I needed my passport) to which he basically said you left your passport and you are just now picking it up. He and I went around about three times until I finally convinced him that they had called for it. He finally told me to use the phone in the office to call the lady in charge of my case. Upon calling her, I was shocked to find out that she would bring my passport right down. I was definitely not expecting these actions. She brought the passport and said it should only be a couple more weeks. I assured her that when she called-I would send my passport back to them. I walked out feeling most confused. Why would the office dodge all of my phone calls and send me on wild goose chases for days and weeks at a time? All I know is this is what God wants. I don't know why He wanted it to be this way-but I am still here. I put my trust that He knows better and is always at work!
I almost left DC feeling like I got nothing accomplished. I decided to call them this morning to find out some more information (some names, phone numbers, direct contacts in Brazil). I called several times and there were no answers. After a few minutes of thoughts-I called my favorite lady's number back. She informed me that my case was turned back over to her. She sent my visa application to Brazil and it should be next week. I'll admit-I was a bit numb to this information. **Many of you know that I have heard all kinds of excuses, time spans, explanations, etc.** After that, I phoned Daniel (in charge of visa affairs in Brazil) and he was pretty excited about this information. He said this is what we have been waiting on! I began to get pretty excited as well!! We talked for a moment and he said that he was on his way to a meeting about my case with the Minister of Foreign Affairs. He assured me that there was nothing else I could do and that I could come on home! I felt so much better about leaving!

In -DC-there is always something great to do, something awesome to learn, and somewhere new to explore. This time-I learned more about God's timing, being faithful, and again "There is a reason!"

Prayer Requests

  • The White's-their adoption journey, birth mother, baby, financial, other adoption routes.
  • Missionaries being sent out this summer-Aaron King, Stewart Miles, Mary Wolford, Julie Lasslo, CrossPoint Baptist Church Youth (going to MFUGE)
  • People at the Brazilian Consulate in US and for those in Brazil.
  • My patience and continued seeking the Lord in delays, distractions, etc.
  • More Short term jobs
  • Lost friends

Praise

  • The movement of my Visa Application to Brazil!!!!
  • Daniel Lopes (the guy in charge of visa stuff in Brazil)-his little daughter was thought to have cancer-but it is all BENIGN!!! :) He was so glad to tell me this news today!!!
  • Short term jobs being provided.
  • Another Cuban friend made it to the United States! Adrian is living in Pheonix, Arizona and is doing well!

1 comment:

jenn said...

i'm so proud of your diligence and patience in this time. and you're right, Washington is amazing! um...the camp out is on. i will let you know more details soon.

love ya,
jenn

My Pow Pow and Me

My Pow Pow and Me